Benefits. Education. Recognition. All State Games.
MEMBERSHIP FAQ Answers to the most frequently asked questions concerning CHSCA Memberships:
1. Does my CHSAA (Colorado High School Activities Association) coach’s certification give me a membership in CHSCA (Colorado High School Coaches Association)? NO - CHSAA & CHSCA are two different organizations. We work together to bring education, training and awards to Colorado high school coaches, but we are separate and membership in, and/or certification from CHSAA, does not give a coach membership in CHSCA; nor does membership in CHSCA give a coach any coaching certification or membership in CHSAA.
2. What are the Benefits of Membership in CHSCA?
As an active member of CHSCA, you receive a $1,000,000.00 in liability coverage for coaching during the school year and at camps. Your membership card will be honored by CHSAA for free admission for you to all district, regional and state playoff contests. Active members will also receive a CHSAA Directory of Member Schools. Active members are eligible for reduced fees to CHSCA clinics, banquets and special events. Active members are eligible for CHSCA and national-level coaching awards. Active member coaches can nominate their athletes for Gatorade scholarships and for selection to play in the CHSCA All-State Games. Active member coaches can be selected to coach in the CHSCA All-State Games. .
CHSCA offers clinics and events to our active members at discounted pricesas part of the benefit for being a member. There are several events that non-members may attend, but they will pay full price to attend. CHSCA clinics are for current active members only.
Mandatory CHSAA rules clinics for all head coaches in the state are offered at CHSCA clinics. These CHSAA rules clinics are available at our clinics as a service for our active member coaches. Current membership in CHSCA is required to attend any part of our clinics.
3. How do I become a Member?
You can join by downloading the Membership application on the Membership page, fill it out and send it and a check to the address on the form. For your convenience you can also renew your membership ONLINE.
4. How do I replace My Membership Card?
You need to contact the executive director and arrange for a replacement card. Cost of a replacement card is $25.00.
5. If my head coach is a current member of CHSCA, do I, as an assistant on his/her staff, have to become a member of CHSCA in order to go to CHSCA clinic and events?
CHSAA Coaching certification is required for coaches who have sole responsibility for a team and do not have a valid Colorado Department of Education issued teacher or administrator license. Assistant coaches must be under contract to the district they coach for. If they assume supervisory roles, they must be under the direct supervision of a certified teacher or CHSAA registered coach or be a certified teacher or CHSAA certified coach. CHSAA strongly recommends that all coaches be CDE licensed and/or CHSAA certified. Go to www.CHSAA.org for more complete certification information.
6. Can I print The Colorado Coach magazine from the CHSCA web site?
Yes, you can print "The Colorado Coach" from the web site. However, you must have Adobe Reader installed on your computer. If you do not have Adobe Reader on your computer, click on Colorado Coach in the News Center on the home page- click on it then click on the Adobe Reader logo and download it to your computer. Now, you will be able to print the "The Colorado Coach".